Provide educational support through a system similar to montesori where children can learn from experience and through games. This is done through a system of activities where each different activity is marked by a song and has a goal:
- Hygiene: At this time, children wash their hands and teeth as an important habit to start the day’s activities.
- School reinforcement: At this time, all children do an educational activity such as homework or they get extra support with school subjects in which they struggle.
- Time to play: It is important that children are children and can have a space to have fun.
- Moment of expression: After playing, the children and volunteers hold a communication circle where they can express their thoughts and emotions.
- Meal time: One of the children’s favorite moments, after expressing themselves the children eat their food that our team of volunteers prepare.
To volunteer in our educational project:
- At least 18 years-old
- Have studies related to education, experience working with children, or have the desire to teach and learn from our children.
- Minimum time of 2 weeks (it is important to understand that the longer you stay, the greater the impact of your help on the project).
- You do not need to speak perfect Spanish but it is important that you want to learn it.
- Your participation through ideas or suggestions for the development of activities is very important.
- Responsibility: children look to us as role models, it is important to bear in mind that they will imitate our behavior patterns, therefore the volunteer is asked to be responsible in their behavior towards children.
- Commitment: a very important word for us. Children create beautiful bonds with our volunteers and to give them emotional stability, it is important that you fulfill your commitment within the project.
Participating in the project is free. Nobody pays to be a volunteer but, it is important that each volunteer covers their own expenses for transportation, food, and accommodation (if you want to help support our project, you can stay at our volunteer house).
The main headquarters of the organization is in the center of the city of Cusco, Peru. The educational project takes place in the district of San Sebastian, a community called TANKARPATA. It is 30 minutes from the city center: 20 minutes by bus and 10 minutes walking.
All volunteers and coordinators are transported by local bus from the city center to the school in Tankarpata, which is 20 minutes by bus and 10 minutes walking. Cost of the bus is 0.20 cents of EURO.
CooperarPerú has a house for all its volunteers who want to stay together at a cost of 8 dollars per night in a spacious double shared room. The volunteer house is located in the center of the city 2 blocks from the San Blas neighborhood and 5 blocks from La Plaza de Armas.
The house has:
Kitchen equipped to let your cooking side flow
Wifi throughout the house
Good location in a quiet area